Skip to main content

Female

When they are born
some people glee
others don't even want to see
their female child
so cute so mild

What have they done
that you prefer only a son
the answer is usually given by none

From young age, they are victimised
even if they deserve to be prized
Are taught household chores early as they grow old
Rather than making them brave and bold
To face the challenges of Life
Than merely being someone's wife

Because they are meek
Are generally considered as weak
To serve their parents
at times they are patients

When they reach adolescence
Why do we make out a different sense?
of their every action
Even if they intended towards perfection

After being married, they are just carried
By exchanging rings, they become things
searching for self-recognition
with full instinct
In her husband's place, to win the race
She gives her best, without having rest

After being abused when she is refused
to stay there
her pendulum life begins here
between two houses she swings alone
None of which can be called her own

Due to social stigma and fears
With her eyes hiding tears
She can't even share her pain
Just prays not to be born as a female again

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kavita / Poem

  The journey of my poems Some of them gush out as an outburst of emotions Others cling in my head as a punch line Many are result of unconscious observation Some are based on my values and inclination But each of them is special As a conversation with myself Reflection on society and communication between like minded folks They reveal my concerns, my desires, my fears, my state of mind My encrypted secrets, my fantasy and obviously my love too

Pyar

Pyar toh bahut log karte h Par tum.... kuch alag hi karte ho Jitna humne pyar ko samja tha Tum usse bhi kaafi badhkar karte ho Kuch log jatate h isse alfazon mein Tum sirf uska nayab ehsaas dilya karte ho Aur ye anubhav bhi itna anmol h Ki mere tark fikke pad jate h Phir jane kyun hum darr jate h Aur chah k bhi apni mushkil tumse na keh pate h Tum haath pakad mushkil se nikal loge Par hum madad mangne se hi katrate h Aisa nahi ki bharosa nahi h tum pe Bas khud se uljhan suljhane mein lag jate h

Dear Cousin

I can still give you advise on precautions you must take Without you knowing that I missed to take many when needed As my bad experience doesn't disqualify me I would use it as a weapon to save you & myself from self pity