Skip to main content

Another Perspective of Empowering Women

She does not know it!!!

While thinking and travelling across city streets I am quite into a habit of observing the most unnoticeable things.

Today when I was driving myself and feeling wonderful about it or say more empowered, my thoughts wandered on how can every woman be made strong and independent by getting the privilege of driving. My thoughts were blown away by the sight of a thin lady clad in typical south style saree behind hundreds of tender coconut bunches. What dismayed me was the tool in her hand that looked out of place. For she was a petite figure holding a huge knife with a strong grip and using it fearlessly to chop off the hard coconut shells. I have seen this kind of scene before but today it shook me for how I was looking at women empowerment and privilege women seek. Why don't we appreciate these ladies who take up work which is not considered her type by society? Why are they left? I felt they are already empowered. They are strong mentally, psychologically and socially. She is not dependent. She can drive her life. She is privileged by her skills.

Helping her learn another skill like driving will certainly be an add-on. But stereotyping as to what can be covered under the women empowerment umbrella is awaiting reconsideration. There are a number of things and areas where women are already involved in work, the reason might be the family business or for means of living.
Whatsoever be the need we should never pity them and then plan on how their lives can be improved. Rather appreciate and admire what they are doing and plan to leverage them from that level.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kavita / Poem

  The journey of my poems Some of them gush out as an outburst of emotions Others cling in my head as a punch line Many are result of unconscious observation Some are based on my values and inclination But each of them is special As a conversation with myself Reflection on society and communication between like minded folks They reveal my concerns, my desires, my fears, my state of mind My encrypted secrets, my fantasy and obviously my love too

Pyar

Pyar toh bahut log karte h Par tum.... kuch alag hi karte ho Jitna humne pyar ko samja tha Tum usse bhi kaafi badhkar karte ho Kuch log jatate h isse alfazon mein Tum sirf uska nayab ehsaas dilya karte ho Aur ye anubhav bhi itna anmol h Ki mere tark fikke pad jate h Phir jane kyun hum darr jate h Aur chah k bhi apni mushkil tumse na keh pate h Tum haath pakad mushkil se nikal loge Par hum madad mangne se hi katrate h Aisa nahi ki bharosa nahi h tum pe Bas khud se uljhan suljhane mein lag jate h

Dear Cousin

I can still give you advise on precautions you must take Without you knowing that I missed to take many when needed As my bad experience doesn't disqualify me I would use it as a weapon to save you & myself from self pity