Skip to main content

Weird Modern Women

They are called modern in every era

For they dare to be different

Push the social boundaries

Ask explanation for traditions

That paint them weak,

Keep them away from power,

Burden them with responsibility,

Curb their right to choose 

and push them to just follow-

the mores and customs & practices

most of which they despise.

She is often caught and pulled back 

by this social web 

so intricately knit

that guides her look

her every move

her  every choice

because she fears being an outcast

It is so skillfully made

That even in her rebel too she tortures herself

to fit a checklist of liked/ desirable women 

From waxing her body to wear that shorts/skirt

to compromising her career for family

it all looks fair and part of peaceful living.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kavita / Poem

  The journey of my poems Some of them gush out as an outburst of emotions Others cling in my head as a punch line Many are result of unconscious observation Some are based on my values and inclination But each of them is special As a conversation with myself Reflection on society and communication between like minded folks They reveal my concerns, my desires, my fears, my state of mind My encrypted secrets, my fantasy and obviously my love too

wo bhi toh pyar h

wo bhi toh pyar h unkaha sa h sirf ek ehsaas h anokha bada h anjano mein bhi hua sa h kyunki sabko jarur hua ek baar h iska na koi naam h na hi bekhauf izhaar h  isharo mein aa jata bahar h jaise kisi post pe turant ya pehla like jhat se karke delete kiya gaya comment bewaqt bhi message ka reply jante h sabhi ki ye bhi pyar h par chupke se kahi  hum sabke hisse aaya h iska na naam h na hi koi anjaam h

Another Perspective of Empowering Women

She does not know it!!! While thinking and travelling across city streets I am quite into a habit of observing the most unnoticeable things. Today when I was driving myself and feeling wonderful about it or say more empowered, my thoughts wandered on how can every woman be made strong and independent by getting the privilege of driving. My thoughts were blown away by the sight of a thin lady clad in typical south style saree behind hundreds of tender coconut bunches. What dismayed me was the tool in her hand that looked out of place. For she was a petite figure holding a huge knife with a strong grip and using it fearlessly to chop off the hard coconut shells. I have seen this kind of scene before but today it shook me for how I was looking at women empowerment and privilege women seek. Why don't we appreciate these ladies who take up work which is not considered her type by society? Why are they left? I felt they are already empowered. They are strong mentally, psychologicall